Thursday, May 3, 2012

American Sardine Bar

My first I guess you could say commercial "house portrait." My friend Maria had referred the manager of South Philly Tap Room to me for this project. They wanted an image for a full page ad for American Sardine Bar, for local magazines. They wanted the bar, with the neighborhood and the Philadelphia skyline showing. This project was very time consuming as I figured the best way to show it would be in perspective, which I haven't attempted to use accurately since I was in foundation 
drawing classes at Uarts.
Here's my drawing with and without the type I put on it. 
The original drawing is about 16"x20" and will soon be hanging in ASB.

And of course before it got redone, it was this "Wander Inn" place, 
which I bet had lots of cool stuff left inside before the renovations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment