Wednesday, May 23, 2012

She's a Brick House...

I'm continuing my love/hate relationship with brick facades.
It is so time consuming, yet rewarding when it's all done and colored in.
Philadelphia is chock full of different brick structures! These two were just done for my real estate guy.

The piece with the bay windows is on Queen Street in Queen Village. This is the first piece I've done that is actually mixed media. I had colored the windows way too dark and was about to start over but then I realized that painting over the marker would work just fine, and I was able to achieve the exact light blue/green color that I couldn't get with the markers.


The lower house is located in West Philadelphia. This unit was fun because it's setup is pretty unique to any of the other houses I have previously done.

No comments:

Post a Comment